Online Application (Deadline: 24 May, 2017, at 6pm)
Please visit http://event.oxfamtrailwalker.org.hk/ and follow the steps to complete your application process online.
For all four team members, please have the following information ready for application. Please be reminded Open Team Leaders cannot be changed.
- Email address (duplicated email address is not allowed)
- HKID/Passport Number (duplicated identity number is not allowed)
- Date of Birth
- Telephone Number
- Postal Address
- Credit Card (accept VISA, MasterCard, UnionPay & American Express) payment for application fee of HK$120.
Each application creates a login access for a team leader. You can come back to the system anytime before application deadline to continue or change team member information. Incomplete applications will not qualify for the lottery.
Download Application Form and Guideline
1. Participants must form teams of four people aged 18 or above.
2. All registered teams must raise a minimum of HK$7,600 in sponsorship (except for Pledge Teams, which must raise a minimum of HK$72,000). To prevent team places from being wasted, registered teams wishing to withdraw from the event should give prior written notice to the organiser as soon as possible, otherwise the team should raise the minimum sponsorship. Details are as follows:
|Teams whose registration have been confirmed||HK$7,600|
|Withdraw with written notice on or before 28 August||Sponsorship not required|
|Withdraw with written notice from 28 August – 14 November||HK$3,800|
|Withdraw without written notice||HK$7,600|
|Absent or withdraw on the event day||HK$7,600|
Donations must be paid to Oxfam Hong Kong no later than 19 December, 2017. Teams that successfully raise HK$36,000 or above in Oxfam Trailwalker 2017 will be listed as Special Teams and have priority registration for next year.
3. Members of the teams failing to comply with the above regulations will not be permitted to participate in future Oxfam Trailwalker events.
- Dates: 17- 19 November, 2017 (Friday to Sunday).
- Route: The 100 km route is the same as last year’s. First walk along Section 1-9 of MacLehose Trail (about 90 km). After Distance Post M174, leave the MacLehose Trail and walk along with temporary OTW Distance Post to Po Leung Kuk Jockey Club Tai Tong Holiday Camp (Finish Point).
- New Team Category: Both Super Trailwalker and 24-hour teams have been combined into one category and are now called Elite Teams. These teams’ start time will remain 8 am.
- Oxfam Super Trailwalker Certificate: Awarded to teams when all four members have completed the entire route within 18 hours.
- Oxfam Trailwalker 2017 will accept 1,300 teams:
|Start Time (17 Nov)||Team Number||Team Place||Team Category||Qualifications|
|8 am||8001-8180||180||Elite Team||Teams should be awarded the right to participate before applying to this category. Teams should have at least three members who have finished Oxfam Trailwalker events within 24 hours at least ONCE in the past three years (i.e. 2014, 2015 and 2016).|
|9:30 am||0001-0300||300||Special Team||Teams raised HK$32,000 or above in Oxfam Trailwalker 2016 (as there are more than 300 qualifying teams, some special teams will have to start at 11:00 am)|
|11 am||0301-0580||280||a. Special Team
b. Pledge Team
c. Sponsors & Supporting Org. Team
|a. Teams raised HK$32,000 or more for Oxfam Trailwalker 2016 (teams that exceed the 300-team quota start at 9:30 am)
b. Any team making a pledge of HK$72,000 or more to Oxfam Trailwalker 2017 can apply for this category (Quota: 50 teams). For details, please contact Oxfam.
c. Teams from sponsoring companies and supporting organisations.
|12:30 pm||0581-0850||270||Open Team||Teams will be allocated by lottery. Teams allocated a slot will have to complete a registration procedure next page.|
|2 pm||0851-1120||270||Open Team||Teams will be allocated by lottery. Teams allocated a slot will have to complete a registration procedure next page.|
4. Male/Female/Mixed/Veteran I (aged 50-59) and Veteran II (aged 60 or above) categories will be assigned according to the personal details of each team.
5. Oxfam reserves the right to change the event dates and routes in consideration of adverse weather conditions and/or other unpredictable factors.
6. All participants will be required to sign a disclaimer at the start of the event to agree that they take part in the event at their own risk.
Enter the Selection Lottery
- Application Period: 9 May to 24 May, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
- In the interest of fairness, every applicant should appear on only one application (either through online application or form submission) and must be identified by HK identity card or passport number. Submission of more than one form by the same individual(s) is prohibited. If this occurs, all relevant application forms will be rendered void.
- A non-refundable application fee of HK$120 will be charged per team. Please note that cash or cheques will not be accepted. Ways to submit application and fee are as follows:
Online Application (Deadline: 24 May, 2017, at 6pm)
To apply online and pay your application fee by credit card (VISA, Master Card, China UnionPay or American Express).
*Deadline for online application: 6pm, 24 May, 2017 (Hong Kong Time)
Please read the Entry Requirements, Event Information, Application Procedures below and Online Application System User Guide before entering the Oxfam Trailwalker 2017 Online Application System.
Submitting the Application Form and Fee
Please pay the application fee into Oxfam Hong Kong’s bank account by:
|Methods||Bank of China A/C No.||Hang Seng Bank A/C No.|
|Deposit at a branch||012-874-0-013039-1||284-401080-010|
|Direct transfer through ATM or e-Banking||012-874-0-013039-1||284-401080-010|
Please write your team leader’s name on the original copy of the deposit slip or a printed copy of the online transfer Acknowledgement Note, and submit it together with the Application Form as proof of payment to Oxfam Hong Kong by 24 May, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted. Please note that we do not accept applications by fax or email.
- By post: Mail the Application Form together with the roof of payment to Oxfam Hong Kong (forms will be dated according to the postmark)
- By hand: 17/F, China United Centre, 28 Marble Road, North Point, H.K. (North Point MTR A4 Exit)
*Office hours: 9am-1pm and 2pm-6pm, Monday to Friday (Lunch hour: 1-2pm)
4. The leader of each team will receive an application number from Oxfam for their team to enter the lottery. Teams that have submitted their forms and application fees but have not heard from Oxfam by 29 May, 2017, should call 2520 2525 as soon as possible. Late notifications will not be entertained.
5. The lottery will be carried out on 5 June, 2017, in Oxfam’s office. The lottery drawing process will be overseen by KPMG.
6. Apart from 540 eligible teams, 300 wait-listed teams will also be drawn on 5 June 2017. Results of this draw will also be announced on the Oxfam Trailwalker website. Oxfam will notify the leader of each team individually.
7. Results of the lottery will be posted on the Oxfam Trailwalker website on 5 June 2017, from 9pm.
8. The lottery results announced by Oxfam will be final and are not to be contested.
9. Leaders of the teams who are allocated slots from the lottery will then receive a notification from Oxfam stating that their applications are successful and will be given a link for online registration or a Registration Form.
10. Unsuccessful teams will receive notifications by the end of June.
11. Successful teams should pay the registration fee of HK$1,400 by 4 July, 2017, otherwise Oxfam Hong Kong will assume that the team will not join the event, and its team place will be allotted to next wait-listed team. Successful teams, please note the registration procedures as instructed below:
After completing the online registration and paying the registration fee of HK$1,400 by credit card, send a copy of the team leader’s identity card/ passport to Oxfam (the copy must correspond with the details provided in the Application Form).
Register by post
Send the completed Registration Form to Oxfam together with a copy of the team leader’s identity card/passport (the copy must correspond with the details provided in the Application Form) and the original deposit slip or a printed copy of the online transfer Acknowledgement Note for the registration fee of HK$1,400 (cash or cheques will not be accepted).
12. The registration fee is non-refundable. The fee cannot be regarded as donation and is not tax-deductible.
13. Teams failing to submit all required items by 4 July, 2017, or whose identity card/passport particulars do not correspond with their Application Form will have their applications cancelled. Their slots will then be allocated to teams on the waiting list.
- The information collected in the Application Form will only be used for the purpose of organising Oxfam Trailwalker once you have ticked the ‘Important Notice on Personal Data Usage’ box.
- Data of all participants will be checked against the records of past Oxfam Trailwalkers. Oxfam reserves the right not to accept teams whose member(s) have failed to fulfil the minimum sponsorship requirement in any of the previous events.
- Male/Female/Mixed/Veteran I (aged 50-59) and Veteran II (aged 60 or above) categories will be assigned according to the personal details of each team.
- Oxfam reserves the right to accept or reject any applications.
Important notes for changing your team members
1. In the interest of fairness, the LEADER of each team which is allocated a place from the lottery cannot be changed. Changing team leaders will result in the disqualification of the whole team.
2. You can change your team member(s) during the following phases:
|Payment of Registration Fee||Pay HK$1,400 Registration Fee||6 June – 4 July, 2017||Pay HK$1,400 at registration, otherwise Oxfam Hong Kong will assume the team has given up their slot.|
|Submission of Particulars of Confirmed Team Members||Free||6 June – 25 October, 2017||Submit team members’ details on Oxfam Trailwalker website, or fill in Registration Form and fax, email or post to Oxfam Hong Kong.|
|Change of Team Member||HK$200 (per new member)||26 October – 14 November, 2017||Fill in the Change of Team Member Form and submit together with the change of member fee to Oxfam Hong Kong. If a team member is changed after 14 November, the form and fee should be submitted on the event day.|
|Event Day||HK$500 (per new member)||17 November 2017||Fill in the Change of Team Member Form and pay the fee in cash on site.|
The fee is non-refundable. The fee cannot be regarded as a donation and is not tax-deductible.
3. Oxfam Trailwalker is a challenging team event. Participants are strongly recommended to have adequate time for training and team-building before the event. Please avoid changing team members in the last month before the event. Changing team members at the start of the event is also not advised.