- All participants must comply with the following rules , regulations and measures: OTW 2023 Rules and Regulations
1. All team members must be 18 or above by 24 November 2023
- Participants must form teams of four and pay the registration fee of HK$1,600 (per team) before the deadline mentioned in the email to the Team Leader (which also includes registration information). Teams will also need to submit their team members’ particulars by 8 November 2023 in order to complete the registration process. Late submissions will not be accepted and the team slot will be forfeited.
- The OTW is a challenging team event. Please also avoid changing team members in the last month before the event. No change of team member application will be accepted after 6 pm on 8 November 2023, including the event day.
- Each team must have four members when they begin the walk. Please arrive on time for registration to avoid delays. No team is allowed to change its registration and start time without prior approval from Oxfam.
- All teams must raise a minimum of HK$8,000 in sponsorship, except for Pledge Teams, which must raise a minimum of HK$72,000. The Organiser reserves the right not to accept applications for future OTW events from any member of a team who has failed to raise the specified minimum sponsorship.Teams that have raised HK$38,000 or above will have priority in registering for OTW 2024(in Nov) as Special Teams.
- Registered teams that wish to withdraw from the event should note the following:
Date of withdrawal Minimum sponsorship 26 August 2023 – 24 Oct 2023 HK$4,000
HK$36,000 (Pledge Team)
25 October to 24 November 2023, or absence / withdrawal on the event day HK$8,000
HK$72,000 (Pledge Team)
Oxfam reserves the right not to accept applications for future OTW events from any member of a team who has failed to comply with the above stipulations.
- Please submit the sponsorship on or before 28 December 2023. Teams that have raised HK$38,000 or above will be given a Special Team quota for OTW 2024 in November.
- There are nine Checkpoints (CPs) along the trail. All team members must stay together between CPs, and register together at each CP. You may not leave a CP until all your team members have registered. CP staff reserve the right to refuse to register incomplete teams or teams with members unaccounted for.
- Teams found to have taken shortcuts will be disqualified. Only teams have completed the 100 km course on the designated route are eligible for ranking or prizes.
- All teams must register at a CP at or before its closing time in order to proceed. Oxfam reserves the right to disqualify any participant who arrives at a CP after the closing time.
- If parts of the trail – particularly those that are narrow – get crowded, please give way to teams that walk faster.
- Teams’ finishing times will be recorded based on when the last member of their team reports to staff at the Finish Point. Since the OTW is a team event, no individual finishing times will be recorded.
- Teams representing a company / organisation must provide Oxfam with the name of their company / organisation.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change the event dates, routes or suspend the event in case of adverse weather conditions and / or other unpredictable factors. The registration fee and the donations will not be refunded.
- 15. For Veteran I teams, all four members must be aged 60 or above on event day (24 November) in order to qualify. For Veteran II teams, all four team members must be aged 70 or above on event day (24 November) in order to qualify.
- Participants are strongly advised to purchase insurance at their own expense.
- All participants will also be required to sign a disclaimer during the registration period. Please refer to the website (https://www.oxfamtrailwalker.org.hk/disclaimer/) for further details.