Thank you for joining Oxfam Trailwalker (OTW) 2022 ( 24-26 Feb 2023)! To comply with COVID-19 regulations, we have updated our rules and regulations for the event. We will implement crowd control measures to meet the Government’s health and infection control measures. Please read the information below carefully. The measures will be subject to the Government’s latest COVID-19 preventive measures. We will inform participants of any updates. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
All participants must comply with the following rules , regulations and measures:
OTW 2022 Rules and Regulations
1. All team members must be 18 or above by 24 February
2. Participants must form teams of four and pay the registration fee of HK$1,600 (per team) before the deadline mentioned in the email to the Team Leader (which also includes registration information). Teams will also need to submit their team members’ particulars by 6 January 2023 in order to complete the registration process. Late submissions will not be accepted and the team slot will be forfeited.
3. The OTW is a challenging team event. Please also avoid changing team members in the last month before the event. No change of team member application will be accepted after 6 pm on 16 February 2023, including the event day.
4. Each team must have four members when they begin the walk. Please arrive on time for registration to avoid delays. No team is allowed to change its registration and start time without prior approval from Oxfam.
|1||08:00||07:00 – 07:45||8001 – 8050|
|2||09:30||07:30 – 09:00||0001 – 0350|
|3||11:00||07:30 – 10:30||0351 – 0550|
5. All teams must raise a minimum of HK$7,600 in sponsorship, except for Pledge Teams, which must raise a minimum of HK$72,000. The Organiser reserves the right not to accept applications for future OTW events from any member of a team who has failed to raise the specified minimum sponsorship. Teams that have raised HK$36,000 or above will have priority in registering for OTW 2023(in Nov) as Special Teams.
6. Registered teams that wish to withdraw from the event should note the following:
|Date of withdrawal||Minimum sponsorship|
|After 16 January 2023, absence or withdrawal on the event day||HK$7,600
HK$72,000 (Pledge Team)
7. Oxfam reserves the right not to accept applications for future OTW events from any member of a team who has failed to comply with the above stipulations.
8. Please submit the sponsorship on or before 27 March 2023. Teams that have raised HK$36,000 or above will be given a Special Team quota for OTW 2023 in November.
9. There are nine Checkpoints (CPs) along the trail. All team members must stay together between CPs, and register together at each CP. You may not leave a CP until all your team members have registered. CP staff reserve the right to refuse to register incomplete teams or teams with members unaccounted for.
10. Teams found to have taken shortcuts will be disqualified. A Control Point will be set up between CP9 and the Finish Point. Only teams that have registered at that Control Point and have completed the 100 km course on the designated route are eligible for ranking or prizes.
11. All teams must register at a CP at or before its closing time in order to proceed. Oxfam reserves the right to disqualify any participant who arrives at a CP after the closing time.
12. If parts of the trail – particularly those that are narrow – get crowded, please give way to teams that walk faster.
12. Teams’ finishing times will be recorded based on when the last member of their team reports to staff at the Finish Point. Since the OTW is a team event, no individual finishing times will be recorded.
13. Teams representing a company / organisation must provide Oxfam with the name of their company / organisation.
14. The Organiser reserves the right to change the event dates, routes or suspend the event in case of adverse weather conditions and / or other unpredictable factors. The registration fee and the donations will not be refunded.
15. If, because of COVID-19 or other unpredictable factors, the Organiser is unable to organise an in-person event from 24 to 26 February 2023, we will go virtual with ‘Oxfam Trailwalker – VIRTUALLY TOGETHER’. Any application for withdrawal, a refund or transfer of quota to the following In-person event will not be accepted.
16. Participants are strongly advised to purchase insurance at their own expense.
17. All participants will also be required to sign a disclaimer during the registration period. Please refer to the website (https://www.oxfamtrailwalker.org.hk/disclaimer/ ) for further details.
Government-designated health and infection control measures and corresponding arrangements at the OTW 2022
- In response to the government’s announcement at the end of last year to lift the gathering ban and only retain the mask mandate, all arrangements related to COVID have been cancelled.
- Participants must wear a mask at all times, except when consuming food or drinks, or when participating in the event along the designated route.
- Participants must put on their masks in the finish area within five minutes after passing the finish line.
- For more information, please visit the Centre for Health Protection’s website: chp.gov.hk/en/index.html