Please use your Team Page on www.oxfamtrailwalker.org.hk or the Sponsorship Folder to ask for sponsorship. Remember: the more you raise, the more people you can help.
* To know more about our work, please visit Oxfam Hong Kong Website
Donations are tax-deductible with official receipt (for Hong Kong taxpayers only)
1. Thank you for supporting Oxfam Trailwalker. All teams (including those which withdraw without written notice / absent / withdraw on the event day) must raise a minimum of HK$7,600 in sponsorship, except for Pledge team, which must raise a minimum of HK$72,000. Oxfam Hong Kong reserves the right not to accept applications for future Oxfam Trailwalker events from any member of a team which failed to raise the minimum required sponsorship.
2. Teams raising HK$36,000 or above in Oxfam Trailwalker 2016 will take priority in registering for Oxfam Trailwalker 2017 (Special Team). Any team or organsisation which has raised over HK$72,000 will be acknowledged in the Oxfam Trailwalker 2017 Thank You Advertisement published on newspaper, and they can also select a favourite team number for their team for Oxfam Trailwalker 2017. Teams which raseid over HK$100,000 will each receive an “Oxfam Trailwalker Outstanding Fundraiser Award”.
3. All money raised from Oxfam Trailwalker must be donated in full to Oxfam Hong Kong. You should not use your participation in Oxfam Trailwalker to raise funds for other organisations.
4. The fundraising amount of each team will be uploaded on the Oxfam Trailwalker website www.oxfamtrailwalker.org.hk from 29 December and will updated regularly.
5. Donations will NOT be refunded should the event be cancelled due to bad weather or under any other circumstances beyond the control of Oxfam Hong Kong.
For accurate receipting, please be reminded that:
- Sponsorship money should be collected immediately after the event and be donated to Oxfam Hong Kong (click here for contact method) by 19 December 2017 (according to the postmark).
- Each team has a Fundraising Team Page on the Oxfam Trailwalker website: www.oxfamtrailwalker.org.hk. Your family and friends can donate online and leave encouraging messages to your team. It is easier for your sponsors to make donation and greatly reduces our administration costs. Your sponsor can also choose to print out a tax-deductible receipt* by themselves. So there is no need to record donations on sponsorship forms and send them back!
* For Hong Kong tax payers only.
You can also pay the sponsorship donation into Oxfam Hong Kong’s account as below:
Ways Bank of China A/C no. Hang Seng Bank A/C no. Deposit at a bank (Please inform the teller of your team number) 012-874-0-013039-1 284-401080-010 Through ATM or E-Banking * 012-874-0-013039-1 284-401080-010
* Please write your team number on the original copy of the deposit slip or the printed copy of the online transfer Acknowledgement Note, and submit together with your form by post or by hand to Oxfam Hong Kong.
- Cheques should be made payable to “Oxfam Hong Kong”. Please write down “Oxfam Trailwalker 2017”, your team number and your English full name on the back of all cheques. Cash will not be accepted.
- Please detach the orginal blue copy and the purple copies of each sponsorship form from the Sponsorship Folder and send them to Oxfam together with the original deposit slips, cheques or the printed copies of the online transfer Acknowledgement Note. Keep the yellow copy for your own reference.
- Make sure that you fill in the correct team number on the sponsorship forms. Incorrect numbers printed on the sponsorship form may result in sponsorship money going to a wrong team.
- Please provide the names of your sponsors for tax deduction purpose and submit the donation by 19 December 2017. Please hand in donations before the deadline, otherwise your sponsors may not be able to process tax deduction for the current financial year.
- For more copies of sponsorship forms, contact Oxfam or download additional forms from the Oxfam Trailwalker website.
- You should notify Oxfam immediately if you decide to share your sponsorship with another team (especially corporate teams). Please indicate the details, team number and amount involved clearly on the sponsorship form.
- YOU MUST keep the yellow copy of your sponsorship form and photocopies of your deposit slips, online transfer Acknowledgement Note, cheques or other documents (such as bank statements) as record of your donations being paid into the Oxfam Hong Kong account. DO NOT destroy them until you have received all the receipts.
- To reduce administration costs, receipts for the tax deduction will only be issued for donations of HK$100 or above.
- Receipts for the tax deduction purposes will be sent 10 weeks after receiving the donation to team member marked in the sponsorship form or corporate coordinator . If your mailing address is difference from the information provided during registration period, please update Oxfam Hong Kong.
- Donations will NOT be refunded should the event be cancelled due to bad weather or under any other circumstances beyond the control of Oxfam Hong Kong.
Please note that the balance of your team’s sponsorship may affect your qualification for subsequent Oxfam Trailwalkers. Please follow the instructions above, so that all your sponsorship donations can be accurately accounted for. Thanks for your help!
Receipts for tax deduction overseas
Thank you for supporting Oxfam Trailwalker! Receipts issued by Oxfam Hong Kong are only applicable to Hong Kong taxpayers. If you or your sponsors require receipts for tax deduction overseas, you may send the sponsorship to our overseas Oxfam offices.
* The exchange rate will be based on the market rate of the date Oxfam Hong Kong is acknowledged of the donation by Overseas Oxfam.
Fundraising Team Page
Each team has a Fundraising Team Page on the Oxfam Trailwalker website, where your sponsors can donate on-line and leave messages to your team. On-line donation not only saves you time from sending in forms and making bank deposits, the simple procedure also reduces Oxfam’s administration work. For the convenience of donors, receipts for tax deduction* can also be issued on-line.
* Receipts issued by Oxfam Hong Kong are only applicable to Hong Kong taxpayers. For enquiries, please contact Oxfam Hong Kong at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 2520 2525.