Weather Forecast on Nov 20-22
Cloudy and light rain during event
As we understand from the Hong Kong Observatory, it will be mainly cloudy during Oxfam Trailwalker 2015 (20-22 Nov). Light rain is expected throughout Saturday and Sunday morning. Temperature will drop to about 23 degrees in the urban areas. Highland and night time will be even lower.
Walkers, support team members and volunteers are advised to take the following measures:
- Prepare waterproof and wind shield clothings for yourselves to prevent body heat loss in rain.
- Temperature will vary greatly between daytime and night time. Keep yourself dry and warm, especially when you stay static at highland for a long time
- To help alleviate congestion problem along the trail, please use public transport if possible.
- If you must drive, ask your support team to study the road closure arrangements at some of the check points during event. Please be patient and try to give way as much as possible, especially at sections next to villages (e.g Sha Tin Pass).
- Do not light fire at country side and help keep the nature clean! Bring litter to checkpoint and put them in recycle bags and garbage bin accordingly.
- If you do not feel well before starting, DO NOT persist.
|20-22 November 2015 Weather Forecast|
20 Nov (FRI)
|21 Nov (SAT)||
22 Nov (SUN)
|Weather||Sunny periods.||Mainly cloudy with
one or two rain patches.
|One or two rain patches at first. Sunny intervals during the day.|
|Wind||Northeast force 4, becoming east force 5 later.||East force 4 to 5.||East force 4,
occasionally force 5.
The event will be cancelled if typhoon signal No. 8 or black rainstorm signal is being hoisted on 20 November. In the event of typhoon signal No. 3 or other unexpected events, Oxfam will make a decision depending on the circumstances. Announcements will be made on the radio and on the Oxfam Trailwalker website and Facebook from 05:00 on 20 November onwards. We will also inform all team leaders by SMS. Please keep your mobile on.
Just one more days to go! Stay in good mood and have a good sleep the night before. We look forward to welcoming you at the Start Point and Finish Point!
See you at Pak Tam Chung on 20 Nov!