Timing System Trial
Oxfam is planning to adopt RFID timing technology in 2016, replacing the existing barcode system. A system trial will be running in parallel with the official barcode system in Oxfam Trailwalker this year, with 10% of the Trailwalkers are selected to involve: including 60 teams in 24-hour category (team number: 5001-5060) and 70 teams to be started at 14:00 (team number: 0930-0999).
An extra RFID timing chip will be added to the walkers’ packs for these 130 teams. In which, 65 teams (with team number 5001-5030 & 0930-0964) will have the timing chips embed at the backside of bib [bib-tag], and another 65 teams (with team number 5031-5060 & 0965-0999) will have an additional wristband with timing chip embed inside [D-tag].
Sensory devices will be setup at Start Point, Checkpoint 3, Checkpoint 6 and Finish Point. When you are reaching close to the sensory device, a “toot’ sound will be heard meaning you record is successfully read. If you have any uncertainty, please check with the working personnel.
計時地毯 Timing Mat
Guideline for Timing System Trial:
For walker either wearing D-tag or Bib-tag:
1. Please pass through the mat at checkpoints (both check in and check out, so that your record could be read by the sensor. Do not bypass the mat.
2. A “toot’ sound will be heard when you pass through the checkpoints meaning you record is successfully read.
3. Do not bend the bib number cloth and wristband, or the timing chip will be damaged.
4.Some kind of clothes, like thick jacket and Omni-Heat series, may block the readability of timing chip. Please show up the bib number cloth and wristband when you pass through the checkpoints.
For walker wearing D-tag only:
5. If you are wearing the D-Tag wristband, please put it close to the sensor at checkpoints.
6. Do not raise your hands up when you pass through the checkpoints, or it will affect the readability of timing chip.
7. The official timing system for Oxfam Trailwalker 2015 is still using the barcode system. All the timing records collected by this trial system are restricted for internal reference only. Data will not be recorded as personal or team result.