Participants must form teams of four. Since the rules require all four members to stay together along the trail, participants are strongly advised to team up with people who walk at a similar pace.
OTW participants must be aged 18 or above on the event day (20 November 2020).
Event Date: 20-22/11/2020 (Friday to Sunday)
Route: Pak Tam Chung, Sai Kung to Po Leung Kuk Jockey Club Tai Tong Holiday Camp, Yuen Long
“Oxfam Trailwalker 2020” start times and team numbers this year are as below: (Total 1,300 teams)
|Team Number||Start Time
|Registration Time||Number of Teams||Team Category||Qualifications|
|8001-8180*||08:00||07:00-07:30||180||Elite Team||After being allocated a team slot under one of the categories above, teams can then apply to join as Elite Teams, which will start at 08:00 on 20 November.
To be eligible to apply, teams should have at least three members who have finished the OTW within 24 hours at least ONCE in the past three years (i.e. 2016, 2017 and 2018).
|0001-0160||09:00||07:45-08:30||160||Special Team||Teams that have raised HK$36,000 or more in OTW 2018.|
|0481-0640||11:00||09:45-10:30||160||a. Special Team
b. Pledge Team
c. Sponsors and Supporting Organisation Team
|a. Teams that have raised HK$36,000 or more in OTW 2018.
b. Any team that pledged HK$72,000 or more in OTW 2020 can apply for this category. For details, please contact Oxfam Hong Kong. (Quote: 50 Teams)
c. Teams from sponsoring companies and supporting organisations.
|0641-0820||12:00||10:45-11:30||180||Open Team||a. Teams that carried their team slot over from 2019 to 2020
b. Limited slots available. Please visit our website later for more detail
- All teams must register and start at the designated time. No team is allowed to change its start time without the prior approval of the Organiser.
- On the event day, all teams MUST register 30-45 minutes before the designated start time. Teams failing to do so could be disqualified.
- * How to qualify as an Elite Team : After being allocated a team slot under one of the categories above, teams can then apply to join as Elite Teams, which will start at 08:00 on 20 November. To be eligible to apply, teams should have at least three members who have finished the OTW within 24 hours at least ONCE in the past three years (i.e. 2016, 2017 and 2018). The Organiser reserves the right to make a selection should the number of qualified teams exceed the places available. Teams that wish to apply to this category must submit copies of their past OTW certificates together with their registration forms, or after completing the online registration process, to Oxfam Hong Kong.
Confirmation of team slot
Teams that have carried their team slot over from 2019 to 2020 should visit the OTW website and log in with their team number and system password (which will be emailed to the Team Leader together with the registration information) between 19 May, 10:00 and 11 June, 18:00. Please confirm your team slot and enter all team members’ particulars during this period. The Organiser will assume that teams that do not do so by 11 June will not join the event; the registration fee and donation from 2019 will not be refunded.
Submission of Particulars of Confirmed Team Members
Period: 12 June, 10:00 to 13 October, 18:00 (Hong Kong Time)
1. Online submissions
Please visit the OTW website and log in with your team number and system password (which will be emailed to the Team Leader together with the registration information). Then enter the particulars of the four members. Teams that fail to pay the registration fee will not be able to submit their members’ particulars online.
2. By Post
Fill in the form and mail it to Oxfam Hong Kong. Please write ‘Oxfam Trailwalker 2020 Registration’ and your team number on the envelope (submission should be postmarked by or before the deadline).
3. In person
Address: 9/F, China United Centre, 28 Marble Road, North Point, Hong Kong (North Point MTR Station Exit A4)
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday (09:00 – 13:00 and 14:00 – 18:00), Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays
All teams must raise a minimum of HK$7,600 in sponsorship, except Pledge Teams, which must raise at least HK$72,000. The Organiser reserves the right not to accept applications for future OTW events from any member of a team who has failed to comply with the above stipulations.
Registered teams wishing to withdraw from the event must give written notice to Oxfam before 24 July 2020. This will allow other potential teams to take up the vacated places. For registered teams wishing to withdraw from the event, please note the following:
|Withdrawal with written notice on or before 24 July||Sponsorship not required|
|Withdrawal with written notice between 25 July and 4 November||HK$3,800
HK$36,000 (Pledge Team)
|After 4 November, absence or withdrawal on the event day||HK$7,600
HK$72,000 (Pledge Team
- All sponsorship must be paid to Oxfam Hong Kong no later than 22 December 2020. Teams that raise HK$36,000 or more for OTW 2020 will have priority in registering for OTW 2021.
- Teams that have chosen to carry their 2019 team slot and donations forward to 2020, but have not met the donation requirements yet, can make up for the difference and submit it to OHK before the OTW 2020 donation deadline (22 December 2020). Donation receipts will not be issued in the 2020/2021 financial year for OTW 2019 donations transferred to OTW 2020. Only donations newly made in 2020 will be issued a donation receipt for the 2020/2021 financial year.
- The Organiser reserves the right to not accept future OTW applications from participants who fail to comply with the above stipulations.
- OTW is a special fundraising event. Participants will be raising funds to support Oxfam’s various poverty alleviation programmes including those that improve smallholder farmers’ lives, and emergency relief projects in Africa and Asia, including Hong Kong and mainland China. All money raised from the OTW must be donated to Oxfam in full.
(Not applicable to the teams that reserved their team place from 2019)
To confirm your place, you must pay the registration fee of HK$1,600 (per team) within the deadline mentioned on the email that to the Team Leader together with the registration information, otherwise the Organiser will assume the team will not join the event.Cheques and cash submission will not be accepted.
1. Pay online
Please login on the OTW website with your email address and password. You will be prompted to pay the HK$1,600 registration fee by credit card (Visa, Master Card, UnionPay and American Express are accepted).
Teams can pay the registration fee of HK$1,600 per team by transferring it into either of Oxfam Hong Kong’s accounts:
|Bank of China A/C No||012-874-0-013039-1|
|Hang Seng Bank A/C No||284-401080-010|
* Note: You can make deposit at a bank branch, or transfer the amount via ATM or e-Banking.
Please write your team number and leader’s name on the original copy of the deposit slip or in the remarks section when making the transfer online, and submit it to Oxfam Hong Kong. Please write ‘Oxfam Trailwalker 2020 Registration’ and your team number on the envelope.
Registration fee arrangement for teams who carried team slot forward from 2019 to 2020
OTW 2019 teams that have chosen to carry their team slots over to OTW 2020 will automatically have their registration fee (i.e. HK$1,600) carried forward to OTW 2020 (i.e. there will be no need to pay it again in 2020).
Teams that fail to submit all required documents will have their applications rejected. Registration fees will not be refunded under any circumstances. The registration fee is not included as part of the total sponsorship amount and is not tax deductible.
- The completed registration form
- A copy of the team leader’s HKID card / passport (not applicable to teams that have reserved their team place from 2019)
- The original copy of the deposit slip or printed copy of the online transfer Acknowledgement Note (not applicable to teams that reserved their team place from 2019)
- Teams (including Open Teams) that have carried their team slots over from 2019 to 2020 can make changes to their team members, including their team leader, before the deadline for changing team members.
- All teams (including Special Teams, Elite Teams and Sponsors/Supporting Organisation Teams) can make changes to their team members, including their team leader, before the deadline for changing team members.
- Open Teams can only change team members; changing the team leader will result in the disqualification of the whole team.
You can change your team member(s) during the following phases:
|Phase||Fee (for each new member)||Period||Procedure|
|Submission of team members’ information||Free||12 June, 10:00 – 13 October, 18:00|| Via online Team Page
By post or hand
|Late Change of Team Member
|HK$200||14 October – 4 November|| Via online team page
By post or hand
|Late Change of Team Member
|HK$500||9 – 20 November (Event Day)||
1. No change of team member request will be handled between 5 and 8 November.
2. All requests made after 9 November will be handled on the Event Day. Fill in the Change of Team Member Form and pay the fee in cash at the registration hall.
- Teams can pay the Change of Team Member fee (HK$200 for each new member) into Oxfam Hong Kong’s bank account (listed in the “Registration Procedure”). Please write your team number and leader’s name on the original copy of the deposit slip or printed copy of the online transfer Acknowledgement Note, and submit it together withe the completed Change of Team Member Form to Oxfam Hong Kong by post or by hand. Please write “Oxfam Trailwalker 2020 Change of Team Member” and your team number onthe envelope. Cash or cheques will not be accepted.
- The Late Change of Team Member Fee is non-refundable. It cannot be regarded as donation and is not tax deductible.
Deadline: 4 November 2020 (submission should be postmarked by or before the deadline)
As the event requires participants to walk along a rugged 100 km trail, it is suggested that only those with a reasonable level of fitness and adequate training should participate in the event. We strongly advise people without prior OTW experience to team up with those who have participated in the event in previous years.
The OTW is a challenging team event. Participants are strongly advised to allocate sufficient time for training and team building before the event. Please also avoid changing team members in the last month before the event. Changing team members on the day of the event is also not advised.