AIA Vitality – Dare to Challenge Award
It is not easy to complete the Oxfam Trailwalker 100 km challenge. You have to be committed to attending countless training sessions as well as to building up extraordinary stamina and willpower. The establishment of the ‘AIA Vitality-Dare to Challenge Award‘ aims to encourage people to take charge of their health; it will reward a first-time Oxfam Trailwalker team that demonstrates the highest motivation and determination to complete the event.
The winning team will receive a HK$5,000 cash reward. Meanwhile, the event’s principal sponsor AIA will donate HK$50,000 to Oxfam to support its poverty alleviation programmes and emergency relief work around the world. The winning team will also earn a priority spot for next year’s Oxfam Trailwalker.
To qualify, all four team members must be new to Oxfam Trailwalker. They must then register for the event by 21 December and upload their own team story about how they have been preparing for the Oxfam Trailwalker to Facebook. Suggested content includes training and the challenges faced during COVID-19, change of lifestyle, diet, physical improvement, team building, etc. The team must also complete the entire 100 km trail during the event. The awardee will be announced in March 2022 More information about the ‘AIA Vitality – Dare to Challenge Award’ will be available on the event website.
Certificates and Awards
- For each member of a team who has completed the route within 48 hours.
- For those who have completed the route within 48 hours but not with the entire team.
Oxfam Super Trailwalker Certificate:
- Awarded to teams whose four members have completed the entire route within 18 hours; otherwise participants may qualify for either a Team Certificate or an Individual Certificate.
- Prizes will be awarded to the overall champion, first runner-up and second runner-up, as well as the fastest team in each category (provided they finish the trail within 24 hours as a full team).
- For teams or organisations which have raised the most sponsorship (over HK$200,000) in each category.
Outstanding Fundraiser Award:
- Awarded to teams which have raised HK$100,000 or above.
Outstanding Online Fundraiser Award:
- Awarded to the team which has raised the highest amount online.
- Cathay Pacific Airways Limited, the Logistics Sponsor, has donated 1,000,000 Asia Miles which will be awarded to 10 teams (100,000 Asia Miles per team or 25,000 Asia Miles per team member).
- PROTREK, Official Outdoor Shop, has donated cash coupons valued at HK$40,000. These coupons will be awarded to 10 teams (coupons valued at $4,000 per team).
- Theragun-Leader Radio Technologies Ltd, the event’s sponsor, has donated a total of 16 Percussive Therapy Devices which will be awarded to 4 teams (4 Devices per team).
Any team which has raised HK$36,000 or above by 21 December, 2021 is eligible to enter a lucky draw to win the above prizes. The awarded prize will be evenly shared by the four registered members of each winning team. The right to enter the lucky draw will be forfeited if the team cannot submit all proof of donations to Oxfam on or before 21 December, 2021 (according to the postmark). Teams that submit the sponsorship they have raised and / or proof of their donations late (i.e. after 21 December 2021) will not be considered for the lucky draw.
- Only teams which have completed the whole trail on the designated route and in compliance with the Organiser’s instructions are eligible for ranking or prizes.
- The Organiser will cancel both the Speed and Fundraising Awards if there are fewer than three organisations eligible for them. This does not apply to Individual Teams.
- Teams with all four members aged 55 (as of 19 November 2021) or above will be classified as Veteran I teams; teams with all four members aged 65 or above will be classified as Veteran II teams.
- The Organiser has the right to request all winning teams in the Speed Awards and Fundraising Awards categories to provide documentation (such as staff cards, corporate sponsorship letters, relevant identification, etc.) to prove that at least TWO of the team members are eligible for that category. Any team which fails to do so will not be considered for the award.
- The Organiser’s decisions regarding the rankings and prizes are final and shall not be contested.
- There will be no on-site certificate collection this year. All certificates will be issued electronically to participants who have completed the event. For details, please refer to the email announcement later.
- The winners of various awards will be invited to the Prize Presentation ceremony, which will be held in February 2022 (date to be confirmed). On the day of the ceremony, a Thank You Advertisement will be placed in Chinese and English newspapers. The names of all fundraising award winners and the teams / organisations that have raised HK$72,000 or above will also be published.